Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ready to start Book Crossing

Ok... I'm all ready to begin.  I've ordered my bookplates (I created some original ones --->) and I've gone through our overcrowded bookshelves and picked out the first 25 books that I'd like to share.  They are all great books, mostly hardcovers, by great authors (and I didn't skimp on the quality!): Anne Rice, John Grisham, James Patterson, Terry MacMillan, Stephen L. Carter, Colleen McCullough, Mary Higgins Clark, Jeffrey Deaver, Dan Brown, Danielle Steele, Michael Baisden, etc.  I want to share books that I think others will read and really enjoy as much as I did.

So I'm excited to receive my labels.  As soon as they come, I'll start my journal entries and then happily release my books into the wild.  I hope this works and that folks pick up the books, log them in, read them and pass them on.  I really do!  I'm trying to come up with a bunch of good, populated locations where I can drop off my labeled books: a bench at the mall, maybe a special trip to a Starbucks, a bench at the park (weather-permitting, of course!), my kids' dance school, my hairdresser... And as I mentioned before, I also plan to send a few with my parents on their cruise next month.  I'm especially excited to see where those books end up!

We'll see how this experiment continues.  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! You are visitor number: