Friday, August 19, 2011

Action Movie Mania

So, lately Lauryn and I have been on an action movie kick.  I think it all started with Iron Man 2 (on DVD) and we've been trying to fill our weekends with action ever since.  Aside from IM2, I've been trying to catch her up on some classics such as Speed and Speed 2, and the Mission Impossible franchise in preparation for MI4 which comes out in December.  We also loved Captain America (Thor was good but not as good as CA) and I loved how they all tied back to Stark Industries.  And how Nick Fury comes in to bring them all together.  We're excited for The Avengers movie; I hope it lives up to the hype.  We still plan to watch The Incredible Hulk because it is tied in to the Avengers but the actors are all different.  We also saw Transformers 3 which was great considering how bad Transformers 2 was.  Awful!  Three definitely made up for it.

We saw the last chapter of Harry Potter at the Imax Theater in Atlantic City.  What a great experience that was!  Great books, great movie.  If you haven't read them, make sure you do so. It's so easy to immerse yourself in that world. 

I've also seen a few on my own: Salt, The Tourist and Wanted, all of which made me a huge Angelina Jolie movie fan.  I can't wait until the sequels come out for them (Salt 2 comes out in 2014, still hoping for a Wanted 2).

And I highly recommend The Other Guys.  One of my favorites from last year!

Today we watched Minority Report.  It was so nice to watch a movie with a plot that hasn't been seen a million times before.  Maybe we'll try another Phillip K. Dick movie like Blade Runner or Total Recall.   They were pretty good and filled with lots of action. I wonder if The Adjustment Bureau is in the Redbox yet? Hmmm! (Update: I just checked and it is!)

I don't think Lauryn's seen any of the Die Hard movies, either.  They are all classics.  I think they may be next on the agenda.  We'll see.  I'll try to keep up with where Action Movie Mania takes us next...

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! You are visitor number: