Monday, May 23, 2011

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I got a NookColor for Mother's Day.  One of the best gifts EVER!  After Darryl bought me the original Nook 3G  for Christmas a couple years ago, I didn't think I could love any e-reader even more.  I do!  My birthday just happens to fall the day before Mother's Day (I know - lucky me!) and my brother gave me a wonderful, beautiful and timely Barnes and Noble gift card.  It was all so perfect!

The first book I read on my NookColor was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith based on a recommendation from a co-worker.  What a wonderful story.  It was so much fun to read a story where fiction is woven so seamlessly into fact that I almost forgot that it was a work of fiction.  Or was it?

 The story starts with the vampire that "recruited" Abraham comes to Seth (the author) and asks him for a favor.  From there the book takes off and I had a hard time finding places to take a break.  It follows Abe from childhood through his presidency and, all the while, you will find yourself becoming more and more empathetic to his motivations, and disdain,  for vampire hunting.

I highly recommend this book, especially for those who love history with a twist.  Due to the graphic theme of the story and a few mature references, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under the age of 13.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! You are visitor number: