Friday, August 13, 2010

New Nook!

I got my new Nook yesterday.  Finally!  It is new and gorgeous, charged up and ready to read!  The only thing is... I couldn't wait.  I don't go very long without a story in-hand so I started reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett (an actual book) the day that I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  So far, so good.

But in the meantime, I spent the afternoon re-loading my books including a few new ones that I got for free from the Borders ebooks launch (which I sent to my Nook using Adobe Digital Editions), and gave my Nook a new name. 

In the tradition of Psych's Shawn and Gus (if you are not familiar, Shawn always introduces his partner Gus with a ridiculous made-up name - our favorite by far is Ghee Buttersnaps!) my daughter Lauryn named her Nook Dr. McLee Sugarsnaps III.

My original Nook was simply called Casi's Buena Lectura, which simply means "Good Reading" in spanish.  But now that I have a new unit, a new name seemed more appropriate.

Lauryn and I tossed around a few silly names and I finally settled on a silly one that I think kind of flows.  So my new Nook's name is now Amelina Nookenpox.


I know it's silly but it just shows how happy I am to be back in the Nook business.  And just in time for Free Friday!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! You are visitor number: