Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am an Introvert (and proud of it!)

I came across an old article today that completely explains my personality. Never have I seen it explained in such clear and concise terms. The article is called Caring For Your Introvert and it was written by Jonathan Rauch back in 2003. It is a wonderfully detailed expression of how life is for me every day. I always thought that "shy" was the word, but I'm really not "shy." I have no problem talking to anyone anytime. I just may not want to.

This article led me to the Myers & Briggs Foundation where I was further able to assess my personality. I found that I am an ISFJ (Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judging) person. This was my detailed description:
"Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home."
That is totally and completely me. For the first time now I feel like someone gets it and I am elated. I AM NOT ALONE!!!

Ok, I think I'm done shouting now. I'm returning to the laid back, quiet, anti-social person that I usually am. Thank you for listening. :)

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! You are visitor number: